Guide to a Smooth Move
MTSA Code of Ethics
All the companies listed in this Guide to a Smooth Move have all subscribed to the MTSA Code of Ethics. They have agreed to abide by the provisions of this code at all times.
The Minnesota Transport Services Association Code of Ethics is as follows:
- TO maintain standards of professionalism and personal conduct that will reflect in a responsible manner on MTSA and the moving and storage industry.
- TO adhere to all laws, rules, regulations, and applicable tariffs governing moving and storage operations, whether in intrastate or interstate commerce; and to conduct business in an ethical manner consistent with the laws of the State of Minnesota and the United States of America, or any subdivision thereof.
- TO consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving and storage services available, while adhering strictly to a policy of truth, honesty, integrity, and fairness in all business transactions.
- TO promote the elimination of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, and unethical practices within the industry.
- TO give fair and honest consideration to all complaints.
- TO be conscious and considerate of consumer needs and to continually promote the progress, fraternity, education, and dignity of our industry so that the public will be better served.
- TO act with fiscal responsibility and to maintain sound business relationships with suppliers, industry, and trades. .
- TO refrain from defaming competitors by falsely representing or falsely disparaging the quality of their services.
- TO maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare, and safety of our employees, while recognizing their needs as both human beings and individuals.
- TO afford all members and applicants maximum due process in the administration of Association affairs, to promote competitive practices, and to eliminate unlawful restraint of trade within the industry.
- TO faithfully fulfill all obligations of membership, including the timely payment of all charges for membership affiliation and services.
- AND to adhere to the Association Bylaws and this Code of Professional Conduct as adopted by the governing Board of the Minnesota Transport Services Association